Sunday, August 23, 2015

Anticipating #HPN15

Every year this is my favorite conference on my schedule..  Not only because we are usually in an awesome meeting destination, not only because the entire group is extremely fun to be around.....not only because every major hotel brand is represented putting on a great show, not only for the friends I get to see and the new ones I get to meet...but mainly because this show brings together a group of like minded people who know group hotel business.  Groups, meetings and events are a very important part of travel and hospitality and attendees of HPN Global's Partners Conference understand the business very well.  Many of our associates spent years and years inside hotels, some even leading groups of sales people focused on driving group pace.  But something in each of them inspired them to leave the hotelier life and take a walk on the wild side.  Each #HPN15 associate made a decision...a very exciting, but scary decision...the decision to become an entrepreneur.  A decision to work for themselves.  Each and every HPN'er that has ever existed had to make this very exciting but tough decision.   Not every person who  makes this decision survives the first year, but many have...

I made that decision myself in May 2009 and I remember the moment when I finally realized I could do it, that it was possible....I remember where I was and who I was talking...I remember my fear and my excitement...but I remember knowing this was the right thing for me- and the right people to do it with.  The more time I spent with other HPN'ers, the more confident I got and the more ready I became.

This will be my 6th HPN Global conference and for me each year this event marks the anniversary of my decision to become an entrepreneur.  A decision I have never regretted and changed my life forever.  Thank you HPN Global for giving me a spot on the team.



No comments: