Thursday, July 29, 2010

2010 Meeting Planners International MPI #WEC10 Vancouver Post Con

What a show #WEC10 was. I mean Vancouver is absolutely stunning. The convention center is by far the nicest I have every experienced. The architecture, the green building materials and incredible views overlooking the Harbour were at times overwhelming. I felt like I needed to take pictures of everything otherwise nobody would ever believe me.



The past few days at #WEC10 were very rewarding. In addition to the experience given by the convention center, the people we met, the stories we heard and the relationships we started - leave no doubt the return on investment in the time and resources spent to attend.


Great job MPI for once again providing a mobile event application. The app provided me with a resource to stay on cue with my schedule and keep up with those I met with during the show. Using my Ipad to take notes during my appointments and walk on the trade show floor using Quickmobile's mobile app offered me peace to feel as though I was never missing a thing.



The sessions on smart phones provided huge insight into how we can bring smarter meetings to both suppliers and planners. QuickMobile's event application is an absolute home run.



The session with brought together a battle of the generations and discussed social media. Brilliant discussion with some great opportunities at the end to provide feedback and comments. We learned the principles and facts behind deciding to use technology or the basics when dealing with others who use it. In the end we all agreed to further the discussion at next years show in Orlando.



I am personally looking forward to next years show in my hometown of Orlando. MPI has really impressed me with their continued focus on technology and these meetings. It is so true that we must Meet Different and as was said in Vancouver when we meet we change the world.

Bryan Bruce

"Show me the meeting"

No comments: