Wednesday, April 22, 2015

watching the Algorithm

It is funny, when I was growing up my father would always be checking his biorhythms.....if he was having a bad day, he would say kinda joking, "my biorhythms are off".....  Now when I am having a bad day, I say my algorithms are off...and I was also kinda joking.

Facebook and Google made huge updates this week. These updates will help or hurt a businesses visibility online depending on how things have been developed and how things are managed moving forward. We continue to see mobile driving the engagement and no matter what they tell you....Facebook, and really mobile device marketing, remains the best vehicle to get a message out fast to the right people. The issue which still remains for many....not enough resources are allocated to digital marketing. Traditional marketing spend is keeping small and large businesses from their dreams. Activating social and digital marketing effectively still largely misunderstood by business leaders and managers. When you have a limited marketing budget you cannot afford a billboard or newspaper advertising, not because of cost or that they don't work..but because that money is much better spent focused on mobile targeting and converting. Facebook and Google are serious in these updates and if budgets are underfunded the hurt will begin immediately.

BB

1 comment:

StevenHWicker said...

Great tips, many thanks for sharing. I have printed and will stick on the wall! I like this blog. Two Button Baseball Jersey